Areas of Practice:
- Collaborative Family Law, divorce, post-divorce issues, custody, child support, parentage actions, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
- Estate planning
- Civil litigation
- Personal injury
- LLC and partnership formations
- Contract review and drafting
- Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Divorce Training with J. McAninch, B. Papa, and C. Panther (2018)
Jody O'Brien has practiced law in Davidson and Williamson Counties and surrounding areas for over 20 years. Jody founded O'Brien Law PLLC in 2012 after practicing law in the Litigation Department at Bass, Berry & Sims PLC for over 10 years. Jody conducts a broad civil practice, serving clients throughout Middle Tennessee in family law, estate planning, business disputes, business entity formation, contract review and drafting, personal injury claims, and a wide variety of civil litigation.
Jody believes collaborative law is a more supportive, family-friendly way for many clients to get divorced. She is committed to providing sound legal guidance to her clients to enable them to make extremely important and personal decisions for their future.
Fees are determined on an case-by-case basis depending on the nature and complexity of each case. Please call office for more details.
- J.D., Vanderbilt Law School (2001)
- B.A., summa cum laude, Middle Tennessee State University (1995)
- Licensed to practice law in Tennessee, 2001.