Areas of Practice:
- Family Law: Divorce, Post-Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Adoption, Paternity, Alimony, Prenuptial Agreements, LGBT Issues, Complex Asset Division, Appeals
- Estate Planning: Will, Living Will, Power of Attorney
- Florida Collaborative Trainers, 2019
- Nashville Conflict Resolution Center Mediation Training, 2016
Katie Mathews Zipper practices in all areas of family law, including divorce, post-divorce, child custody, child support, adoption, paternity, alimony, prenuptial agreements, LGBT issues, complex asset division, and appeals. Ms. Zipper is a Rule 31 Listed Family Mediator, and she is trained in Collaborative Law. She also helps clients with wills and estate planning.
Prior to starting her own practice, Ms. Zipper worked for the largest domestic litigation firm in the country. Early in her career, she gained valuable experience by working under one of the most seasoned family law attorneys in Nashville, trying multi-million dollar divorces and some of the toughest custody cases in Tennessee. Ms. Zipper previously served as a judicial clerk to retired Judge Barbara Haynes in the Third Circuit Court for Davidson County, Tennessee. She has been published in the Nashville Bar Journal for her co-authored article, A New Domestic Tort. Ms. Zipper was listed on the Tennessee Bar Association's Pro Bono Honor Roll in 2012, 2013, and 2014. She is a past President of the Williamson County Bar Association.
Ms. Zipper is a Knoxville native and proud three-time graduate of the University of Tennessee. She is married to Nathan Zipper, Director of Business Development for Williamson, Inc. The couple have two sons and a dog. Outside of the office, Ms. Zipper enjoys attending UT sporting events, exercising, traveling, and reading.
- Juris Doctor, University of Tennessee.
- Master of Public Administration, University of Tennessee
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, concentration in Public Administration, University of Tennessee
- State of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- Rule 31 Listed Family Mediator